With a record setting 600 plus archers attending the Mother Of All Shoots in Red Deer Alberta, it was gearing up to be an exciting weekend of 3D archery. By the time the Friday night practice rounds were finished excitement was in the air and the competitors were eager to get the show on the road. Three rounds of 27 targets, a Hoyt Pro Am, Steel Barney elimination shoot off, grand prix eliminator and a one arrow shot at a new Ford truck and Harley Davidson motorcycle kept all the competitors busy.
Saturdays Pro Am saw the team of Sean Oneal and Kelly Berrett take top honors. After that all the participants got to try there skills at shooting at a hole in the steel barney target. Over 100 arrows smashed into the steel leaving only one arrow intact, that belonged to Kale Mitchell who won himself a Hoyt bow of his choice, a set of Easton A.C.E. shafts and a set of Easton stabilizers. Saturday night also saw Jack McNally shoot one arrow at an unknown distance and hit dead center of a ¾” pipe to win himself a brand new Ford F150 provided by Jack Star Promotions
Sunday would not disappoint as the final round of the 3D was shot and a winner crowned. Team Hoyt/Easton's John Duddley finished off taking top spot in the mens division crushing all his fellow competitors with some amazing shooting. Team Hoyts Cynthia Williams put on quite the show earning herself top spot amongst the female archers. Travis Skinner won the traditional division with a whopping 100 point lead, way to go Travis.
Finally the Mother of all Shoots Grand Prix Eliminator took place. Well over 100 archers gathered in groups of four where the furthest arrow from center was eliminated. After a grueling battle, novice shooter Clay Peters nudged out the more experienced archers to take home the victory and a new Hoyt bow.
There is no doubt, the Mother of all Shoots is not only Canada's premier event but one of North Americas. A well run and very fun weekend of 3D archery left no one unsatisfied. A Special thanks to the organizer Pat Wuin and all the other volunteers who made this shoot a smashing success. See you in 2013 at the Mother Of All Shoots in Red Deer Alberta.
Congrat’s to all the Winners
- Men's Open 1 John Dudley, 2 Cody Draper, 3 Steven Middleton
- Women's Open 1 Cynthia Williams, 2 Raylynn Draper, 3 Karie Marsh
- Men's Release MBR - Layne Ferguson
- Female Release FBR - Ashley Wallace
- Senior Mens - Demetry Procyk
- Traditional Male - Travis Skinner
- Traditional Female - Susan Davis
- Novice Male - Clay Peters
- Novice Female - Stephanie Zingel
- Junior Male - Ryan Wiun
- Junior Female - Shelby Riemer
- Youth Male - Dalton Clouthier
- Youth Female - Tea Reimer
- Cub Male - Tristan Moran
- Cub Female - Krista Pitney
- Pre Cub - Justin Draper
- Pee Wee - Kristopher Wiley
- Steel Barney Eliminator - Kale Mitchell
- Pro Am Team - Sean Oneal Kelly Berrett
- Team Challange - Demetry Procyk , Terence Landrie
- The winner of the Truck - Jack McNally